Tuesday, May 10, 2011

100 Reasons I Love the Movies ~71-80~

I've had a busy week and have neglected the completion of the list on this blog but now I've got some time on my hands so here we go!

71. The look on the priest's face when Salieri finishes telling his story in "Amadeus"




72. The "record breaking" (vinyl records are literally broken [0_O*]) scene in "Blackboard Jungle"
starts at around 12:13



73. Paul Scofield as Thomas More in "A Man for All Seasons"



74. Woody Allen getting romantic advice from Bogie in "Play it Again, Sam"



75. The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice from the palace has the brew that is true"



76. Busby Berkeley



77. Mozart's laugh in "Amadeus"



78. The Black Stallion



79. The fact that "The Man in the White Suit" is supposed to be a comedy but I managed to cry while watching it (yeah I'm a bit nutty)



80. William Walton's score for Henry V (1944) Unfortunately I couldn't find the clip I was looking for but here is my favorite piece from the film's score, "Passacaglia on the Death of Falstaff"

No comments:

Post a Comment